- Ekiti Election Result: Fayemi wins as overall result emerge online
- World Cup: For the first time since 1990 England qualifies for semi-finals after beating Sweden 2-0
- Former CBN governor, Adamu Ciroma is dead
- Court orders NASS to begin impeachment process against Buhari
- Gunmen shot seven policemen dead in Abuja
- Arms Deal: Court grants Dasuki N200m bail after 30 months of detention in DSS Custody
- Another tanker fire accident along Suleja-Minna road, five confirmed injured
- Another Nigerian Celebrity, Deacon Famous, loses son
- Angry youths take over Plateau Government House over Killings, violent protests turn bloody
- Plateau Killings: Commissioner of Police sacked with immediate effect
14-yr-old girl delivers baby for ‘Daddy’, Father says I was drunk when I slept with her
Residents of Abaranje area of Ikotun, Lagos, were reportedly taken aback as a 14-year-old girl disclosed that her biological father is the father of her newborn, Vanguard reports.
The Junior Secondary School 3 student told the bewildered residents that after impregnating her last year, her father hid her in a herbal home till she delivered.
It was gathered that her father, Johnson, a 40-year-old commercial motorcyclist, did the deed sometime in May 20 17. It was learnt that the victim didn’t tell anyone that her father was responsible for her pregnancy till she gave birth. However, trouble started after she confided in her aunt last week. Obviously annoyed by the revelation, her aunt reported to the officers at Ikotun Police Division, leading to the arrest of the suspect.
According to the teenage girl, “I am in JSS 3; my mother is late. I have been living with my father and my siblings since my mother died.
“My father is an Okadaman. I was schooling before the incident. That night was the first time my father slept with me. When I discovered I was pregnant, I told him. I was afraid to let anyone know that my father is responsible for my pregnancy at that time.
“Obviously, my father was ashamed. He took me to Iya alagbo (local herb sellers), throughout the duration of my pregnancy. He didn’t want anyone to know. “It was later I told my aunt that it was my father that got me pregnant, when she kept asking me who was responsible. She was shocked.”
Her father’s account
The suspect, Johnson, said it was a one-time thing. His words: “I was drunk and wasn’t in control of my senses and actions. I didn’t know what I was doing when I slept with my daughter.
“My wife is late and I have been the one taking care of my three children, including her. I am not happy that it happened.
“When she told me that she was pregnant, I took her to a herbalist, because she is very young. “I wanted them to take proper care of her, so she would deliver safely. I didn’t want anything to happen to her.”
Confirming the report, spokesperson for Lagos State Police Command, Chike Oti, said the case was reported initially at Ikotun Police Division, before it was transferred to the Gender Unit, where detailed investigation was carried out.
The case has been charged to court and the suspect reprimanded in prison.