- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
She was still undressing when she slumped — Man who secretly buried lover, Mother of 5, who died during sex
The Ogun state police command has arrested 36-year-old Musiliu Owolabi, for allegedly burying his lover, Fausat Idowu, a mother of five, secretly after she died while they were having sex in a hotel.
The suspect, who is a mechanic at the Mechanic Village in the Camp Area of Abeokuta, was alleged to have taken 40-year-old Fausat, a divorcee and mother of four, to a hotel in Abeokuta for sexual pleasure when she fell ill and died mysteriously.
He added that it was when he was taking her to the hospital in his vehicle that he discovered that she had died.
The police commissioner said the suspect failed to report the incident either to the police or the deceased’s family but buried the remains in a shallow grave at Osara Village, close to the deceased’s house, off Abeokuta-Ibadan Expressway.
He said it was when the suspect was arrested that he led the police to the shallow grave in an uncompleted building, where he buried the victim in Osara.
When asked why he did not inform the police or the family of the deceased, the suspect said he was afraid, so he decided to hide the corpse and he later buried her at midnight.
Iliyasu explained that the deceased’s younger brother, Hammed Idowu, had on February 1, 2018 reported to the police that the deceased had gone to attend a christening at Bode Olude Area but did not return home.
On the strength of the report, Iliyasu said detectives at the Homicide Section, were detailed to investigate the matter. He said intelligence-based investigation and profiling of the deceased’s telephone call log revealed that the suspect was the last person she spoke with.
He said the suspect was later tracked down and apprehended on March 19, 2018. He said the suspect admitted that he knew the corpse and had buried her after she died mysteriously.
Iliyasu said, “On interrogation, the suspect admitted taking the deceased to a hotel at Iyana-Apakila, Abeokuta, for pleasure, where he claimed she fell ill. He said he took her in his vehicle but she died in the car mysteriously.
“He further confessed that he took the corpse to a nearby bush, dug a shallow grave and buried it without disclosing same to anybody. This made the circumstances of her death mysterious as well as questionable, which is condemnable. The suspect will soon be arraigned before a court of competent jurisdiction.”