- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
- Tension rocks Akwa Ibom as sacked lawmakers again shut down Assembly complex, move to impeach Speaker
- Gang leader of Offa Bank robbery, Micheal Adikwu dies in Kwara Police’ custody
Dino Melaye: IG of Police orders immediate removal of Kogi police commissioner
The Inspector General of Police, Ibrahim Idris, has ordered the immediate removal of the Commissioner of Police in Kogi State, Ali Janga.
The removal comes few hours after the two suspected assassins linked to Senator Dino Melaye, reportedly escaped from police custody early this morning.
The IGP asked the CP Esa Sunday Ogbu, Commissioner of Police, Federal Operations, Force Headquarters, Abuja to immediately proceed and take over as the new Commissioner of Police of the State.
The Police in a statemet signed by ACP Jimoh Moshood, the Force Public Relations Officer Force headquarters on Wednesday said the Inspector General of Police, IGP Ibrahim was dissatisfied with the circumstances surrounding the escape of six (6) suspects including two (2) Principal Suspects (KABIRU SEIDU A.K.A OSAMA, NUHU SALISU A.K.A SMALL) who indicted Senator Dino Melaye and Mohammed Audu in a case of Conspiracy and Unlawful possession of Prohibited Firearm already filed at the Federal High Court, Lokoja which came up in court today (Wednesday).
The IGP also ordered the transfer out of the state the Commander FSARS in the State, the Divisional Police Officer ‘A’ Division, Lokoja and other Police officers implicated in the escape of two suspects that named Sen. Dino Melaye as the supplier of guns. The Police in Lokoja on Wednesday said that the two suspects that named Sen. Dino Melaye as the supplier of guns to them had escaped from custody.
The commissioner identified Aliyu Isa , Adams Suleiman, Emmanuel Audu and Musa Mohammed as four other suspects that escaped from custody.
He said that 13 policemen comprising five operatives of Special Anti-Robbery Squad (SARS) and eight conventional policemen on duty when the incident happened had been detained for interrogation.
“ The 13 police officers who were on duty when the incident occurred were defaulted and detained for interrogation,” he said.
Janga also stated that the names of the six fleeing suspects and that of Dino Melaye and Mohammed Audu had been sent for watch listing by the Interpol for immediate arrest anywhere they are found.