- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
- Nigerian ambassador to Qatar, Abdullahi Wase is dead
- Photos from Nasarawa gas explosion
- 2019: Atiku escape mob action after submitting PDP nomination forms
- Photos of 3 APC LG chairman killed in auto crash in Saudi Arabia
- 2019: Saraki, Jonathan in closed door meeting
- Nollywood loses another actress, Uduak Akrah
Man stabs elder brother to death on eve of their father’s burial in Anambra (Photos)
A middle-aged man, identified as Ekene Oyiogu, has been reportedly stabbed to death by his younger brother, Ejiofo, a day before their father’s burial in Ifitedunu, Dunukofia Local Government Area of Anambra State.
It was not clear at press time what informed Ejiofo’s action, but he was said to have told members of his kindred that their elder brother, Ekene, had allegedly been lording it over his siblings, especially since the death of their father last year.
According to one of the villagers, the memorial service of their father, who was a businessman and politician, was slated for a day before Ekene was killed, weekend.
According to an eyewitness, Ekene was stabbed several times by his brother, adding that he was confirmed dead before villagers got to the scene. He was later taken to Ideal Hospital, Ifitedunu, where doctors confirmed him dead.
A villager, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said:
“Trouble started brewing in the family soon after the burial of Pa Oyiogu. Some people in the community have been mediating in the matter, but nobody knew that it would lead to a man killing his brother.
“The matter came to a head on Saturday, when Ekene was said to have stabbed his younger brother, Ejiofo who, in turn grabbed the knife and cut Ekene several times on the neck, hand, navel and head.
“He died as he was being taken to the hospital. Ejiofo fled after the incident and has not been seen since.” Police Police Public Relations Officer in Anambra State, Mrs Nkiru Nwode, who confirmed the incident, said the suspect was still at large, adding that efforts were being made to arrest him to face the law.
Police Public Relations Officer in Anambra State, Mrs Nkiru Nwode, who confirmed the incident, said the suspect was still at large, adding that efforts were being made to arrest him to face the law.