- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
Two female suicide bombers, also on Sunday, attacked a mosque in Bama town, killing two other persons and injuring eight worshippers.
The suicide bombers made their way into the mosque while the Muslim faithfuls were saying their early morning prayers.
A statement on Sunday by the state police spokesman, DSP Okon Edet, read “At about 5.40am of today (Sunday), two female suicide bombers infiltrated into the Ajilari area in Bama town, Bama Local Government Area and launched a suicide bomb attack on residents observing morning prayers.
“They detonated the IEDs strapped to their bodies, killing themselves and two other male victims.
“Eight other persons were injured and were rushed to hospital for treatment. The corpses have also been evacuated.”
He said the command had deployed men of the PMF and EOD in the area.
“The Commissioner of Police, Damian Chukwu, assures members of the public of the commitment of the command to safeguard lives and properties at all times,” Edet said.