- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
Two female suicide bombers, also on Sunday, attacked a mosque in Bama town, killing two other persons and injuring eight worshippers.
The suicide bombers made their way into the mosque while the Muslim faithfuls were saying their early morning prayers.
A statement on Sunday by the state police spokesman, DSP Okon Edet, read “At about 5.40am of today (Sunday), two female suicide bombers infiltrated into the Ajilari area in Bama town, Bama Local Government Area and launched a suicide bomb attack on residents observing morning prayers.
“They detonated the IEDs strapped to their bodies, killing themselves and two other male victims.
“Eight other persons were injured and were rushed to hospital for treatment. The corpses have also been evacuated.”
He said the command had deployed men of the PMF and EOD in the area.
“The Commissioner of Police, Damian Chukwu, assures members of the public of the commitment of the command to safeguard lives and properties at all times,” Edet said.