- Atiku no longer restricted by Visa as the PDP presidential Candidate enters US with Senate President, Saraki
- Nigerian Billionaire, Femi Otedola set to acquire Power Distributing Firm in less than a month
- Nigeria’s ambassador to Cote d’Ivoire, Amb. Ibrahim Isah is dead
- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
Former Bolton, Aston Villa, and England Under 21s defender, Jlloyd Samuel, died in a ‘fireball crash’ after his Range Rover collided with a van this morning.
The ex-Trinidad and Tobago international, 37, was on his way home in Cheshire after he had dropped his children off at school before the crash occurred.
Jlloyd was pronounced dead at the scene after his vehicle caught fire and his body was discovered burnt.
A spokesperson for Cheshire Police said: ‘Emergency services remain at the scene of a serious collision involving a van and a car in High Legh.
‘At around 7.55am police were called following reports of a collision involving a van and a Range Rover near to Costcutter on West Lane. Sadly the driver of the car, Jlloyd Samuel, 37, from Lymm, died at the scene.
‘His next of kin have been informed and are currently being supported by specially trained officers.
‘The driver of the van, a 54-year-old man, sustained serious injuries and has been taken to hospital for treatment.
‘Road closures remain in place at either end of West Lane, near to the junctions of the A56 and the A50. Motorists are advised to avoid the area.’
Several footballers and his former football clubs have paid tribute to Samuel since the sad news broke.
Jlloyd is survived by his wife Emma and three children – Javarne, Lakyle and Amara.
See more photos below.