- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
Omoge Campus: Nollywood mourns as Prolific Actress, Aisha Abimbola passes away
SAD! Nollywood Actress, Aisha Abimbola, AKA ‘Omoge Campus’ Dies Of Cancer At 46
Nollywood actress, Aisha Abimbola, popularly known as Omoge Campus, has died.
She reportedly died in a Canadian hospital. The cause of death was still speculative as at he time of filing this report.
Her colleague, Bisola Badmus, broke the news of her death on her Instagram page; while ace actor, Saheed Balogun, also confirmed it to our correspondent on the phone on Wednesday morning.
See Bisola Badmus’ IG post announcing the death:
Other colleagues of the deceased like Ronke Odusanya, Biodun Okeowo, and Odunlade Adekola, have expressed shock over the loss of their colleague.
Abimbola who studied Catering and Hotel Management at the Lagos State Polytechnic first featured in TV series, Papa Ajasco.
She came into limelight on the back of a Bola Igida movie, Omoge Campus. The title of the movie stuck to her and became her stage name. The movie was produced in 2001.
She produced her own movie, T’omi T’eje, which drew from her NYSC experience.
Abimbola grew up in Isale Eko, Lagos Island Nigeria.