- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
- PDP Chieftain, Bode George loses son to undisclosed ailment
- Court nullifies Omo-Agege’s suspension by Senate, says its unconstitutional
- Court jails Popular SAN, Joseph Nwobike in Lagos over justice perversion
- Bomb explodes at Ohanaeze Ndigbo President’s home in enugu
- Photos: Suicide bombers attacks Mosque in Borno, killed at least 5, injured many
- Thugs attacks Abia APC Secretariat, cart away valuables (Photos)
- Another Daredevil Robbers raid Ekiti bank, kill policeman
Omoge Campus: Nollywood mourns as Prolific Actress, Aisha Abimbola passes away
SAD! Nollywood Actress, Aisha Abimbola, AKA ‘Omoge Campus’ Dies Of Cancer At 46
Nollywood actress, Aisha Abimbola, popularly known as Omoge Campus, has died.
She reportedly died in a Canadian hospital. The cause of death was still speculative as at he time of filing this report.
Her colleague, Bisola Badmus, broke the news of her death on her Instagram page; while ace actor, Saheed Balogun, also confirmed it to our correspondent on the phone on Wednesday morning.
See Bisola Badmus’ IG post announcing the death:
Other colleagues of the deceased like Ronke Odusanya, Biodun Okeowo, and Odunlade Adekola, have expressed shock over the loss of their colleague.
Abimbola who studied Catering and Hotel Management at the Lagos State Polytechnic first featured in TV series, Papa Ajasco.
She came into limelight on the back of a Bola Igida movie, Omoge Campus. The title of the movie stuck to her and became her stage name. The movie was produced in 2001.
She produced her own movie, T’omi T’eje, which drew from her NYSC experience.
Abimbola grew up in Isale Eko, Lagos Island Nigeria.