- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Young Man Shot At Close Range In Calabar Over Romantic Dispute For A Lady
Unknown gunmen have killed an unidentified young man in cold-blood after attacking him on Sunday in Calabar, Cross River state capital. According to reports, the deceased was whisked away from his residential area by the gunmen who arrived in a tricycle popularly called Keke Napep after cornering him at the junction.
He was reportedly shot at close range in the head and also in his abdomen, before he fell and died on the spot.
While some say the attack was cult related, multiple reports have it that the gruesome murder has been linked to a romantic tussle for a lady between the deceased and another unidentified man. It was reported that the deceased was wooed out to the open by the lady.