- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
Young Man Shot At Close Range In Calabar Over Romantic Dispute For A Lady
Unknown gunmen have killed an unidentified young man in cold-blood after attacking him on Sunday in Calabar, Cross River state capital. According to reports, the deceased was whisked away from his residential area by the gunmen who arrived in a tricycle popularly called Keke Napep after cornering him at the junction.
He was reportedly shot at close range in the head and also in his abdomen, before he fell and died on the spot.
While some say the attack was cult related, multiple reports have it that the gruesome murder has been linked to a romantic tussle for a lady between the deceased and another unidentified man. It was reported that the deceased was wooed out to the open by the lady.