- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
Cattle rustlers kill SARS officer during gunbattle
A SARS officer, Audu Danjuma, died in a gunbattle with cattle rustlers in a mountainous area in Nasarawa Local Council of Nasarawa State, yesterday June 3rd.
Journalist, Eche Amos, who is Danjuma’s friend, shared the news of his demise online. Read what he wrote below
I received with complete unbelievable trepidation the untimely death of a gallant (N)SARS officer, Audu Danjuma, brother to Nasarawa Amazons’ goalkeeper coach, Audu Yahaya today.
The late SARS officer was among three officers reportedly killed in a battle with suspected cattle rustlers in a mountainous area in Nasarawa Local Council of Nasarawa State, yesterday.
No better love than for a friend to lay down his life for the sake of his friend.
You have fought the right war. You have demonstrated unequal patriotism to your community, state, and nation at large.
You gave your all for the security of humanity and society.
You were killed in what you believed in, lived for, and swore to die for.
To the great families, loved ones, friends, colleagues, and acquaintances you all left behind, may God console them, taking solace that you have fought a good and brave fight and history will never forget you.
We will continue from where you stopped and ensure justice is done to your killers as a mark of honour to you, your family and the peace-loving Nigerian people.
You died as gallant warriors!
Continue to rest in the bosom of the Almighty God until we meet never to part ways again. Amen!!!