- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
Cattle rustlers kill SARS officer during gunbattle
A SARS officer, Audu Danjuma, died in a gunbattle with cattle rustlers in a mountainous area in Nasarawa Local Council of Nasarawa State, yesterday June 3rd.
Journalist, Eche Amos, who is Danjuma’s friend, shared the news of his demise online. Read what he wrote below
I received with complete unbelievable trepidation the untimely death of a gallant (N)SARS officer, Audu Danjuma, brother to Nasarawa Amazons’ goalkeeper coach, Audu Yahaya today.
The late SARS officer was among three officers reportedly killed in a battle with suspected cattle rustlers in a mountainous area in Nasarawa Local Council of Nasarawa State, yesterday.
No better love than for a friend to lay down his life for the sake of his friend.
You have fought the right war. You have demonstrated unequal patriotism to your community, state, and nation at large.
You gave your all for the security of humanity and society.
You were killed in what you believed in, lived for, and swore to die for.
To the great families, loved ones, friends, colleagues, and acquaintances you all left behind, may God console them, taking solace that you have fought a good and brave fight and history will never forget you.
We will continue from where you stopped and ensure justice is done to your killers as a mark of honour to you, your family and the peace-loving Nigerian people.
You died as gallant warriors!
Continue to rest in the bosom of the Almighty God until we meet never to part ways again. Amen!!!