- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
“Fayose Is A Mad Dog & Fraudster, Election Fire Will Consume Him” – Fayemi
Fayemi warned that Fayose won’t be able to survive the heat of the July 14 election.
Speaking on Tuesday in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital, Fayemi declared that, “The coming fire will consume Fayose up to the root” as the progressives are determined to take over power from him.
The former Minister of Solid Minerals noted that the task to rescue Ekiti from impunity and bad governance was a collective one.
According to Fayemi, all hands must be on deck to defeat Fayose and his protégé, Prof. Kolapo Olusola.
Fayemi said: “You know when the heat is turned on our friend, you know how he reacts. The coming fire will consume Fayose up to the root.
“Now, Ekiti people have become butt of jokes as people use to ask Ekiti people that how did we get this mad dog and fraudster as the governor?
“The coming battle is about Ekiti liberation; let us chase this mad dog away first. What I have seen here today shows that God is ready to set Ekiti free from bondage.
“We will give everything it will take us and everything needed to achieve it, God will give us.
“We will not use power but we will only use logistics; we don’t need power, we only need logistics and those logistics will make the election to be free, fair, credible and transparent.
“Although he boasts in the open, Fayose is a coward; I only pity the innocent man who will be dumped at the end but we shall accommodate him back at his lecturing job in Ife after the election.”