- 2 confirmed killed, many ijured as plywood falls from Container on Ojuelegba bridge in Lagos
- 2019: Makarfi declares interest in presidency under PDP
- Offa Robbery: Another wanted suspect arrested
- Osinbajo escape death as chopper make emergency landing in Abuja
- Kogi director Haruna David slumps, dies in office
- One feared dead, former Reps member, Opeyemi Bamidele shot at Ado-Ekiti APC secretariat during reception for Kayode Fayemi
- Breaking: IPOB disowns sit-at-home order, tells Ndigbo to ignore Chika Edoziem group
- Manager of Dangote Cement plant, Deep Kamra, shot dead
- Dasuki granted fresh bail
- Senate finally passes 2018 budget
“Fayose Is A Mad Dog & Fraudster, Election Fire Will Consume Him” – Fayemi
Fayemi warned that Fayose won’t be able to survive the heat of the July 14 election.
Speaking on Tuesday in Ado-Ekiti, the state capital, Fayemi declared that, “The coming fire will consume Fayose up to the root” as the progressives are determined to take over power from him.
The former Minister of Solid Minerals noted that the task to rescue Ekiti from impunity and bad governance was a collective one.
According to Fayemi, all hands must be on deck to defeat Fayose and his protégé, Prof. Kolapo Olusola.
Fayemi said: “You know when the heat is turned on our friend, you know how he reacts. The coming fire will consume Fayose up to the root.
“Now, Ekiti people have become butt of jokes as people use to ask Ekiti people that how did we get this mad dog and fraudster as the governor?
“The coming battle is about Ekiti liberation; let us chase this mad dog away first. What I have seen here today shows that God is ready to set Ekiti free from bondage.
“We will give everything it will take us and everything needed to achieve it, God will give us.
“We will not use power but we will only use logistics; we don’t need power, we only need logistics and those logistics will make the election to be free, fair, credible and transparent.
“Although he boasts in the open, Fayose is a coward; I only pity the innocent man who will be dumped at the end but we shall accommodate him back at his lecturing job in Ife after the election.”