- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
FG to fulfill promise to Super Eagles coach Bonfrere Jo, 96 Olympic winner, after 22-years
22-years after, Federal Govt to deliver housing project to former Super Eagles coach Bonfrere Jo for winning the Olympics in 1996.
The Federal Government will finally fulfill its longtime promise to former Super Eagles Coach, Bonfrere Jo for winning the Olympics football gold medal in Atlanta 1996.
The 71-year-old Dutch football coach who led the Super Eagles to the Olympics football finals in Atlanta 1996, as well as the African Nations Cup final in 2000, was promised a befitting housing apartment by the previous administration as at the period under late General Sani Abacha for winning the Olympics but it remained unfulfilled until now.
According to the Director of Information, Federal Ministry of Power Works and Housing, Theodore Ogaziechi, the newly completed house is located in Kuje, Federal Capital Territory.
The Minister of Power Works and Housing, Babatunde Fashola is to personally hand over the keys of the apartment to the Coach on Wednesday, June 6, 2018, in Abuja.