- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
Police arrest birthday girl for inviting thugs to her party
A woman, Zainab Olatunji, has been arrested by the police for alleged conspiracy and malicious damage of two vehicles.
PUNCH Metro gathered that Olatunji on June 3, 2018, celebrated her birthday in the Papa Ashafa, Agege area of Lagos State.
Some hoodlums, who were allegedly invited by the 21-year-old, were said to have smoked hemp freely, as they wielded different kinds of weapons during the celebration.
Police arrest birthday girl for inviting hoodlums to party
The party was midway when there was a disagreement among the guests, which reportedly degenerated into a fight.
The affray was said to have led to the damage of the windscreen of a Toyota Sienna, with number plate, LSR 260 CK, and a Toyota Rav 4 with number plate, KJA229HQ, owned by residents in the area.
One of the affected car owners, Sulaiman Fajumobi, said the party was attended by over 50 guests, adding that most of them drank to stupor.
“When they had their disagreement, they started threatening passersby with machetes as they burst out into the street to continue their fight. We all stayed indoors to keep safe.
“After they left and the dust settled, I came out of my house only to discover that the windscreen of my car had been shattered by the hoodlums,” he said.
Olatunji, who was arrested for the damage after the hoodlums fled, was arraigned on Monday before an Ogba Magistrate’s Court.
She was charged with conspiracy and malicious damage.