- Change of Lagos Commissioner of Police suspended
- Terrorists attack Upscale Hotel Complex in Kenya
- 2019: Senate Deputy, Ekweremadu finally gets appointment in Atiku’s Team
- Exposed: Dennis Aghanya, the man who petition Justice Walter Onnoghen was President Buhari’s aide
- CJN Walter Onnoghen: Atiku warns Buhari, says don’t throw Nigeria into crisis
- Again, APC website has been hacked
- Armed Policemen storm NFF with warrant to arrest Amaju Pinnick, others
- Masked policemen whisk Dino Melaye away from hospital
- Emir of Lafia, Isah Mustapha Awgai is dead
- Pandemonium in Katsina community as Gunmen on motorcycles kill four
Police arrest birthday girl for inviting thugs to her party
A woman, Zainab Olatunji, has been arrested by the police for alleged conspiracy and malicious damage of two vehicles.
PUNCH Metro gathered that Olatunji on June 3, 2018, celebrated her birthday in the Papa Ashafa, Agege area of Lagos State.
Some hoodlums, who were allegedly invited by the 21-year-old, were said to have smoked hemp freely, as they wielded different kinds of weapons during the celebration.
Police arrest birthday girl for inviting hoodlums to party
The party was midway when there was a disagreement among the guests, which reportedly degenerated into a fight.
The affray was said to have led to the damage of the windscreen of a Toyota Sienna, with number plate, LSR 260 CK, and a Toyota Rav 4 with number plate, KJA229HQ, owned by residents in the area.
One of the affected car owners, Sulaiman Fajumobi, said the party was attended by over 50 guests, adding that most of them drank to stupor.
“When they had their disagreement, they started threatening passersby with machetes as they burst out into the street to continue their fight. We all stayed indoors to keep safe.
“After they left and the dust settled, I came out of my house only to discover that the windscreen of my car had been shattered by the hoodlums,” he said.
Olatunji, who was arrested for the damage after the hoodlums fled, was arraigned on Monday before an Ogba Magistrate’s Court.
She was charged with conspiracy and malicious damage.