- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
Police arrest birthday girl for inviting thugs to her party
A woman, Zainab Olatunji, has been arrested by the police for alleged conspiracy and malicious damage of two vehicles.
PUNCH Metro gathered that Olatunji on June 3, 2018, celebrated her birthday in the Papa Ashafa, Agege area of Lagos State.
Some hoodlums, who were allegedly invited by the 21-year-old, were said to have smoked hemp freely, as they wielded different kinds of weapons during the celebration.
Police arrest birthday girl for inviting hoodlums to party
The party was midway when there was a disagreement among the guests, which reportedly degenerated into a fight.
The affray was said to have led to the damage of the windscreen of a Toyota Sienna, with number plate, LSR 260 CK, and a Toyota Rav 4 with number plate, KJA229HQ, owned by residents in the area.
One of the affected car owners, Sulaiman Fajumobi, said the party was attended by over 50 guests, adding that most of them drank to stupor.
“When they had their disagreement, they started threatening passersby with machetes as they burst out into the street to continue their fight. We all stayed indoors to keep safe.
“After they left and the dust settled, I came out of my house only to discover that the windscreen of my car had been shattered by the hoodlums,” he said.
Olatunji, who was arrested for the damage after the hoodlums fled, was arraigned on Monday before an Ogba Magistrate’s Court.
She was charged with conspiracy and malicious damage.