- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
Sick Mother Of Late Nigerian Football Legend, Sam Okwaraji Cries Out For Help After Being Abandoned By The Government
The mother of Nigerian Football legend, late Sam Okwaraji, has revealed her unhappiness with the federal government after alleging that all her son sacrificed for the country has been forgotten as she accused the authorities of abandoning the late hero’s family.
Information by released by Emmanuel Okwuluora Okoh who paid a visit to the home of the late hero, Okwaraji’s mother can only be described as painful as the sick woman was emotional while appreciating them for their generosity.
Sam Okwaraji while on international duty for the country on August 12, 1989, slumped and died while playing for the Super Eagles against Angola at the National Stadium, Lagos in FIfa World Cup qualifier that ended 1-0 in favour of Nigeria.
Emmanuel took to Facebook to share details of the visit as he wrote:
“I led a team to Sam Okwaraji’s home.
“His mother cried while appreciating us. We lost a HERO and forgot him (Nigerian government forgot all my son sacrificed she said). I am pushing for his sick mother to be looked after and for Sam to be immortalised.
“Sam Okwaraji is the most patriotic Nigerian recorded~ May 19th 1964 to August 12th 1989. The Lawyer-Footballer died playing for Nigeria against Angola.”