- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
Wura Abiola Reacts To Buhari’s Posthumous Award On Her Late Father, MKO Abiola
On Wednesday, President Muhammadu Buhari conferred on Abiola posthumously, the award of Grand Commander of the Federal Republic (GCFR) — 20 years after his death. The president also declared June 12, the day on which the election held in 1993, as the new Democracy Day.
Abiola’s daughter, Wura took to Twitter to thank the president for the hounour as she extolled her late father.
In a series of tweet, Abiola’s daughter wrote;
Dearest Daddy, Bashorun Moshood Kashimawo Olawale #Abiola GCFR. Wonderful to finally be able to write this, 20 years on! Thank you President Buhari.
#MKO “Through your sterling example..may you flesh the dream of a free democratic society” in Nigeria. #June12
Proudly Nigerian today and always.