- BREAKING: Police rescued 15 hostages in another illegal reformation Centre in Adamawa
- BREAKING: Over 10 people rescued in another ‘rehabilitation’ center in Kaduna
- BREAKING: ICPC declares Obono-Obla wanted
- BREAKING: Another attacks on Nigerians in South Africa
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of 23 properties linked to Maina
- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
Wura Abiola Reacts To Buhari’s Posthumous Award On Her Late Father, MKO Abiola
On Wednesday, President Muhammadu Buhari conferred on Abiola posthumously, the award of Grand Commander of the Federal Republic (GCFR) — 20 years after his death. The president also declared June 12, the day on which the election held in 1993, as the new Democracy Day.
Abiola’s daughter, Wura took to Twitter to thank the president for the hounour as she extolled her late father.
In a series of tweet, Abiola’s daughter wrote;
Dearest Daddy, Bashorun Moshood Kashimawo Olawale #Abiola GCFR. Wonderful to finally be able to write this, 20 years on! Thank you President Buhari.
#MKO “Through your sterling example..may you flesh the dream of a free democratic society” in Nigeria. #June12
Proudly Nigerian today and always.