- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
Yahoo boy sent to prison for N150k fraud
A Nigerian internet fraudster, has been sent to one month in prison for a One hundred and fifty thousand Naira fraud.
Justice P. I Ajoku of the Federal High Court, sitting in Benin City, Edo State, today Wednesday June 13 , 2018 convicted Uke Philip Akhator for offences bordering on obtaining by fraudulent trick.
Akhator who was prosecuted by the Benin Office of the EFCC, was said to have obtained the sum of N150,000 from one Jakub Sani Mohammed by fraudulent tricks.
Upon his arraignment on a one count charge, Akhator pleaded guilty to the offence. In view of his plea, the prosecution counsel, Larry Aso Peters, urged the court to convict and sentence the defendant accordingly.
In his response, defence counsel, Padro Egharevba pleaded with the court to tamper justice with mercies as the defendant was a first time offender who has become remorseful since he was arrested and has also promised to desist from such despicable act.
Justice Ajoku after listening to both counsels sentenced the defendant to one month imprisonment.
Similarly, a Nigerian scammer was recently arrested for defrauding German car dealer of N200 million.
A Special Offences Court sitting in Ikeja, Lagos, heard how suspected serial fraudster, Fred Ajudua, defrauded a German car dealer, Mr. Michael Kramer, of $550,000 (nearly N200 million) about 25 years ago.