- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
World Cup 2018: Suspected Terrorist’s taxi ploughs into crowd of Football fans in Moscow, injures 8
A taxi ploughed into a crowd made up of World Cup fans in Central Moscow, leaving eight of them injured.
According to Russian media, the crowd was made up of Mexican fans waiting to watch their team play Germany tomorrow. They were standing on a pavement near Red Square, when the taxi crashed into their midst.
The incident happened on Ilinka Street, about 650ft from the Red Square and Moscow’s famous GUM shopping arcade.
Shocking footage shows the taxi swerving from the road, ploughing into pedestrians on a pavement, sending them flying over the bonnet. In a separate video, the alleged driver is seen running down the street with a number of fans in hot pursuit. He was soon taken down and later arrested by Moscow police. Watch both videos below.
The driver from ex-Soviet republic Kyrgyzstan is under interrogation amid fears the incident could be terror related. However, Moscow Police said he likely lost control of the vehicle.
There were no immediate details on how badly the victims were injured. See some pictures from the accident scene below.