- Ekiti Election Result: Fayemi wins as overall result emerge online
- World Cup: For the first time since 1990 England qualifies for semi-finals after beating Sweden 2-0
- Former CBN governor, Adamu Ciroma is dead
- Court orders NASS to begin impeachment process against Buhari
- Gunmen shot seven policemen dead in Abuja
- Arms Deal: Court grants Dasuki N200m bail after 30 months of detention in DSS Custody
- Another tanker fire accident along Suleja-Minna road, five confirmed injured
- Another Nigerian Celebrity, Deacon Famous, loses son
- Angry youths take over Plateau Government House over Killings, violent protests turn bloody
- Plateau Killings: Commissioner of Police sacked with immediate effect
World Cup 2018: Suspected Terrorist’s taxi ploughs into crowd of Football fans in Moscow, injures 8
A taxi ploughed into a crowd made up of World Cup fans in Central Moscow, leaving eight of them injured.
According to Russian media, the crowd was made up of Mexican fans waiting to watch their team play Germany tomorrow. They were standing on a pavement near Red Square, when the taxi crashed into their midst.
The incident happened on Ilinka Street, about 650ft from the Red Square and Moscow’s famous GUM shopping arcade.
Shocking footage shows the taxi swerving from the road, ploughing into pedestrians on a pavement, sending them flying over the bonnet. In a separate video, the alleged driver is seen running down the street with a number of fans in hot pursuit. He was soon taken down and later arrested by Moscow police. Watch both videos below.
The driver from ex-Soviet republic Kyrgyzstan is under interrogation amid fears the incident could be terror related. However, Moscow Police said he likely lost control of the vehicle.
There were no immediate details on how badly the victims were injured. See some pictures from the accident scene below.