- Shehu Sani resigns, quits APC, fails to give reasons
- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
World Cup 2018: Suspected Terrorist’s taxi ploughs into crowd of Football fans in Moscow, injures 8
A taxi ploughed into a crowd made up of World Cup fans in Central Moscow, leaving eight of them injured.
According to Russian media, the crowd was made up of Mexican fans waiting to watch their team play Germany tomorrow. They were standing on a pavement near Red Square, when the taxi crashed into their midst.
The incident happened on Ilinka Street, about 650ft from the Red Square and Moscow’s famous GUM shopping arcade.
Shocking footage shows the taxi swerving from the road, ploughing into pedestrians on a pavement, sending them flying over the bonnet. In a separate video, the alleged driver is seen running down the street with a number of fans in hot pursuit. He was soon taken down and later arrested by Moscow police. Watch both videos below.
The driver from ex-Soviet republic Kyrgyzstan is under interrogation amid fears the incident could be terror related. However, Moscow Police said he likely lost control of the vehicle.
There were no immediate details on how badly the victims were injured. See some pictures from the accident scene below.