- BREAKING: Former Minister of Information, Alex Akinyele is dead
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Appeal Court judge, Justice Chioma Nwosu-Iheme regains her freedom
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force helicopter crash lands in Enugu
- BREAKING: Court dismisses Busola Dakolo’s case against Fatoyinbo
- BREAKING: APC has no guber candidate for Bayelsa election, Court declares
- BREAKING: Scores feared dead, many injured as PDP, APC supporters clash in Bayelsa
- BREAKING: We are ready to release Sowore – DSS
- BREAKING: Barely 24hrs after Oshiomhole Suspension, Edo APC suspends Edo Governor, Godwin Obaseki, Deputy Gov, SSG
- BREAKING: DSS disperses protesters seeking Sowore’s release
- BREAKING: Court threatens to strike out charge against Diezani
Killer Lawyer, Udeme Otike-Odibi, who murdered husband sent to Kirikiri
The Lagos State High Court in Igbosere has sent a lawyer, Udeme Otike-Odibi,who allegedly killed her husband back to Kirikiri Minimum Prison.
Udeme Otike-Odibi was accused of stabbing her husband, Symphorosa Otike-Odibi, also a lawyer to death. Justice Adedayo Akintoye on Monday made an order that Udeme should be remanded in Kirikiri prison, shortly after the lawyer was arraigned before her on murder charges.
The Lagos State Directorate of Public Prosecutions alleged that Udeme, 48 years old, stabbed to death her husband, Symphorosa, 50, at their residence on May 3, 2018.
The prosecuting counsel for the state, Babatunde Sunmonu, said the defendants had earlier threatened to stab her husband and eventually made good her threat.
He said after killing her husband, the defendant mutilated the corpse by cutting off the penis.
Sunmonu said Udeme acted contrary to sections 165(b) and 222 of the Criminal Law of Lagos State, 2015.
But the defendant pleaded not guilty to the allegations.
The judge, who adjourned the case till October 8, 2018, for commencement of trial, ordered that Udeme should be remanded in custody.