- Fatoyinbo vs Dakolos: IG orders case transfer to Lagos
- BREAKING: HDP closes case in petition against Buhari,INEC, APC
- JUST IN: Atiku, PDP close case after calling 62 witnesses
- BREAKING: Court rejects Atiku’s returning officer’s request to amend statement
- BREAKING: I got presidential results from website, says Atiku’s witness
- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
Doctor dies while watching Nigeria lose to Argentina
A Doctor and a consultant at the Federal Teaching Hospital Abakaliki (FETHA), identified as Canice Ebirim, died during the Super Eagles and Argentina match on Tuesday.
While confirming the news, the Chief Medical Director (CMD), of the hospital, Emeka Ogah, said Ebirim died within the period of the match. According to him, a friend of the deceased revealed that he started behaving funny within that period.
“Ebirim’s friend said that the deceased started moving suspiciously and solicited for assistance which made him intervene and took him (Ebirim) to the hospital. Efforts made to revive him at our hospital proved abortive as he died but we would liaise with his family to conduct an autopsy.
We are surprised at his death because he consulted at the hospital on Tuesdays. We have to wait till autopsy is conducted to draw further conclusions” he told NAN.