- BREAKING: Gov Ayade presents 1.1trn budget estimate for 2020
- BREAKING: Court sacks emirs installed by Ganduje
- BREAKING: Tottenham appoint Jose Mourinho as manager
- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
Doctor dies while watching Nigeria lose to Argentina
A Doctor and a consultant at the Federal Teaching Hospital Abakaliki (FETHA), identified as Canice Ebirim, died during the Super Eagles and Argentina match on Tuesday.
While confirming the news, the Chief Medical Director (CMD), of the hospital, Emeka Ogah, said Ebirim died within the period of the match. According to him, a friend of the deceased revealed that he started behaving funny within that period.
“Ebirim’s friend said that the deceased started moving suspiciously and solicited for assistance which made him intervene and took him (Ebirim) to the hospital. Efforts made to revive him at our hospital proved abortive as he died but we would liaise with his family to conduct an autopsy.
We are surprised at his death because he consulted at the hospital on Tuesdays. We have to wait till autopsy is conducted to draw further conclusions” he told NAN.