- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
- Breaking: Buhari, Weah meet in Aso Rock
- Breaking: Okorocha sworn in as Senator
Senate probes case of Youth corps member killed by Police
The Senate on Thursday mandated its joint Committees on Health, Youth/Sports Development and Police Affairs, to investigate the killing of a National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) member, Linda Angela Igwetu, in Abuja.
The senator representing Kogi East, Atai Aidoko Ali, drew the attention of his colleagues to the death of the NYSC member. The corps member was killed on Wednesday, a day to her passing out from the NYSC.
The deceased was said to have gone out with her friends as part of celebrations for the completion of the service year. Igwetu was shot at a police checkpoint near Cedi Plaza in the central area of Abuja by a police officer identified as Benjamin Peters.
The joint committee is expected to report back to the Senate in plenary within two weeks.