- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
Senate probes case of Youth corps member killed by Police
The Senate on Thursday mandated its joint Committees on Health, Youth/Sports Development and Police Affairs, to investigate the killing of a National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) member, Linda Angela Igwetu, in Abuja.
The senator representing Kogi East, Atai Aidoko Ali, drew the attention of his colleagues to the death of the NYSC member. The corps member was killed on Wednesday, a day to her passing out from the NYSC.
The deceased was said to have gone out with her friends as part of celebrations for the completion of the service year. Igwetu was shot at a police checkpoint near Cedi Plaza in the central area of Abuja by a police officer identified as Benjamin Peters.
The joint committee is expected to report back to the Senate in plenary within two weeks.