- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Senate probes case of Youth corps member killed by Police
The Senate on Thursday mandated its joint Committees on Health, Youth/Sports Development and Police Affairs, to investigate the killing of a National Youth Service Corps (NYSC) member, Linda Angela Igwetu, in Abuja.
The senator representing Kogi East, Atai Aidoko Ali, drew the attention of his colleagues to the death of the NYSC member. The corps member was killed on Wednesday, a day to her passing out from the NYSC.
The deceased was said to have gone out with her friends as part of celebrations for the completion of the service year. Igwetu was shot at a police checkpoint near Cedi Plaza in the central area of Abuja by a police officer identified as Benjamin Peters.
The joint committee is expected to report back to the Senate in plenary within two weeks.