- Breaking: Jigawa Speaker Hon. Idris Garba, Chief Whip and Majority Leader impeached at the same time
- BREAKING: VC of Kwara State University sacked with immediate effect
- BREAKING: Nigerian Air Force Pilot, Air Commodore Udenyi killed in Lagos while awaiting promotion to Air Vice Marshall
- Breaking: Taraba State permanent secretary, Susana Jonathan kidnapped by gunmen
- BREAKING: Former Head of State, Yakubu Gowon slumps in Delta State during ‘military salute’ at a graveside
- Breaking: Kano State Government sacks all permanent secretaries
- Breaking: UBEC chairman, daughter regain Freedom
- BREAKING: UBEC chairman, daughter kidnapped along Kaduna-Abuja expressway, Driver shot dead
- BREAKING: Explosion rocks Ondo, 5 oil wells on fire
- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
22-year old Nigerian student drowns during excursion in Canada
Chuck Ozulumba, a 22-year-old Nigerian student of the Wilfrid Laurier University, drowned on July 6, 2018, inside the Ottawa River near Renfrew, Ontario.
Chuck was preparing to enter his fourth-year as a Bachelor of Business Administration student at the Lazaridis School of Business and Economics on Laurier’s Waterloo campus.
He was on a weekend excursion with other students at the time of his death. He was swimming when he went underwater. He was found and pulled to shore, where CPR was started. Paramedics arrived and took him to hospital, but he was pronounced dead a short time later.
Below is the what is family wrote about his demise;
Our son, brother, our joy, a light extinguished.
Your leaving us at this time is truly painful, but we remain grateful to God for what he has used your short life for. You were always willing and eager to lead in challenging situations. We celebrate your life of courage and your compassion for others.
Thank you all for the love and support you have shown our family during this difficult time. The funds raised are so much more than we expected. We appreciate every one of you. Seeing as we have exceeded our goal, we have decided as a family, to use the funds raised to set up scholarships with Wilfrid Laurier University in Chuck’s name.
The scholarships are for students wishing to attend WLU’s Business Administration (BBA) program and is strictly on a NEED basis. There is an emphasis on students passionate about international business, entrepreneurship and development finance as Chuck was. Thank you again for all your love and support. We appreciate each and every one of you.
The Ozulumba Family