How to prepare corned beef Naija jollof rice
withinnigeria DIY and Lifestyle segment bring to your reading delight an easy DIY break down on how to prepare corned beef Naija jollof.
As we buckle up for tomorrow being Sunday, withinnigeria DIY and Lifestyle segment bring to your reading delight an easy DIY break down on how to prepare corned beef Naija jollof. Enjoy!
- 3 Cups of basmati rice3 large Onions
- 1/3 cup of vegetable oil
- 3 large Onions (chopped)
- 1 Scotch bonnet (chopped)
- 1tbsp Tomato paste
- 400g Canned tomatoes (blended)
- 250g Corned beef
- 1 Maggie cube
- 2 Bay leaves
- 1tsp Rosemary
- 1tbsp Curry Powder
- Salt to taste
- Heat your cooking pot and add in the oil (medium heat)
- Add in the chopped onions and let is simmer for about a minute.
- Add in the tomato paste and allow this to cook very well (You can add about half a cup of water to it. This diminishes any sourness in the tomato paste).
- Add the bay leaves, rosemary and curry powder.
- Add the blended tomato paste and allow this to cook for about 20 minutes (until oil starts coming on to the surface of the stew).
- Add the maggi cube
- Add the corned beef
- Add 2 cups of water to the stew
- Was and add the rice (lowest heat to prevent it from burning)
- Cover the rice and allow it to cook till the rice is soft.
- Enjoy your yummy jollof rice.