- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
- Exam Malpractice: Senator Adeleke declared wanted by Police
- Bauchi Commissioner, Mahmood Abubakar is dead
The fire started from an air conditioner inside the governor’s office, but the governor was not around. A source said the fire was devastating because the security doors leading to the office could not be opened as the fire raged.
This is happening just 30 days to the State’s governorship election that is scheduled for September 22. Governor Aregbesola was reportedly not around when the fire started.
According to online publication, Osun Defender, “the fire outbreak occurred at the White House office of Governor Rauf Aregbesola in Abeere on Monday evening.”
Eyewitness account revealed that the inferno started around 4pm.
“The Deputy Governor, Mrs. Titi Laoye-Tomori, and other top government functionaries were seen at the scene making frantic efforts to arrest the situation,” Osun Defender claimed.