- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
- Tension rocks Akwa Ibom as sacked lawmakers again shut down Assembly complex, move to impeach Speaker
The fire started from an air conditioner inside the governor’s office, but the governor was not around. A source said the fire was devastating because the security doors leading to the office could not be opened as the fire raged.
This is happening just 30 days to the State’s governorship election that is scheduled for September 22. Governor Aregbesola was reportedly not around when the fire started.
According to online publication, Osun Defender, “the fire outbreak occurred at the White House office of Governor Rauf Aregbesola in Abeere on Monday evening.”
Eyewitness account revealed that the inferno started around 4pm.
“The Deputy Governor, Mrs. Titi Laoye-Tomori, and other top government functionaries were seen at the scene making frantic efforts to arrest the situation,” Osun Defender claimed.