- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
- I’ve been pushed out — Senate President, Saraki, says as he dumps APC for PDP
The fire started from an air conditioner inside the governor’s office, but the governor was not around. A source said the fire was devastating because the security doors leading to the office could not be opened as the fire raged.
This is happening just 30 days to the State’s governorship election that is scheduled for September 22. Governor Aregbesola was reportedly not around when the fire started.
According to online publication, Osun Defender, “the fire outbreak occurred at the White House office of Governor Rauf Aregbesola in Abeere on Monday evening.”
Eyewitness account revealed that the inferno started around 4pm.
“The Deputy Governor, Mrs. Titi Laoye-Tomori, and other top government functionaries were seen at the scene making frantic efforts to arrest the situation,” Osun Defender claimed.