- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
The fire started from an air conditioner inside the governor’s office, but the governor was not around. A source said the fire was devastating because the security doors leading to the office could not be opened as the fire raged.
This is happening just 30 days to the State’s governorship election that is scheduled for September 22. Governor Aregbesola was reportedly not around when the fire started.
According to online publication, Osun Defender, “the fire outbreak occurred at the White House office of Governor Rauf Aregbesola in Abeere on Monday evening.”
Eyewitness account revealed that the inferno started around 4pm.
“The Deputy Governor, Mrs. Titi Laoye-Tomori, and other top government functionaries were seen at the scene making frantic efforts to arrest the situation,” Osun Defender claimed.