- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
Why I Will Always Remember My Encounter With Messi In Russia – Super Eagles Defender, Brian Idowu Recounts
Speaking to the official website of Lokomotiv Moscow, the former Amkar Perm defender has thanked his Super Eagles teammates, the likes of Leon Balogun, Kenneth Omeruo and Wilfred Ndidi, for assisting him to limit Messi’s impact in their last Group D fixture at the Krestovsky Stadium, Saint Petersburg on June 26.
“For life I will remember, of course, the game against Messi. He made me prepare for the match even more seriously,” Idowu told fclm.ru.
“Fortunately, the teammates helped, rarely leaving me alone with him, but when such cases were, he tried to play as tightly as possible.
“The base of our team was in Yessentuki – we were well supported after the victories, and after the defeats.
“At an open training session, people filled the whole rostrum, shouted to Moses, Musa – the latter in Russia is adored!”
Idowu started the Super Eagles three matches at the 2018 World Cup, he was substituted at half time in the 2-0 win over Iceland after receiving a yellow card in the closing minutes of the first half.