- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
- Breaking: Buhari signs Polytechnic, National Institute for Security bills into law
- JUST IN: Rufus Giwa Poly shut down indefinitely
- Just in: Buhari, APC govs meet in Aso Rock
EFCC freezes Akwa Ibom State government bank accounts
Multiple media reports confirm that the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) today froze “all bank accounts” owned by Akwa Ibom State.
According to Premium Times, the state information commissioner Charles Udoh said state authorities only learnt yesterday that the EFCC froze “all bank accounts” owned by Akwa Ibom State, and there were no prior indications from the anti-graft agency.
Udoh said more information would be provided to Nigerians about the development shortly.
The development comes a day after Governor Samuel Ortom raised an alarm that the EFCC has frozen the state’s bank accounts, trapping workers and pensioners’ salaries in a state beset by hardship following months of deadly attacks by suspected herdsmen.