- Ballot snatching, shooting ruining ongoing Rivers bye-election
- Abuja building collapse: 2 killed, 18 trapped, six rescued
- Dankwambo in closed-door meeting with Obasanjo
- Gov Obiano’s aide, Randie Chima found dead in his room
- Armed robbers kill 12 while raiding two banks In Edo State
- DSS DG, Lawal Daura arrested, detained after Osinbajo sacked him
- Nigerian Army arrest Maje Lawan, one of the most wanted Boko Haram terrorists
- Nine Youth Corps members drown after taking party to River Mayo-Selbe in Taraba State
- Plateau lawmaker, Yusuf Gagdi, involved in ghastly accident, Airforce personnel hospitalised
- PDP files petition against Fayemi’s victory in Ekiti
I intentionally show off flesh when on stage – Ghanaian singer, Sista Afia
Francesca Duncan Williams famously known as Sista Afia in the Ghanaaian music industry has revealed that her dress code away from the scene is quite different and normal unlike what she’s seen in when on stage.
According to the “Jeje” Hitmaker, even though she shows a little flesh at home, she still keeps it casual on a normal day.
Speaking on TV3’s New Day show, she indicated that the flesh she shows is just to perform on big stages since she is a female performer and being that one has to adhere to that adding that no one would even listen to her if she wears ‘kaba’ on the stage.
“I don’t really dress like that when I am not on stage. I normally dress nice, you know, sometimes a little flesh but still nice. It is my craft and I am a musician.”
She further stated that: “there is something that many people do not really understand about female artists which are, there are some female artists who like to perform in hot dresses.”
Sista Afia demanded from Ghanaians to stop criticizing female artists because of how they dress to perform on stage because it is their uniform for their profession.
“As a nurse would wear her nursing uniform to the hospital or a presenter also wears a suit,” she said.