- Shehu Sani resigns, quits APC, fails to give reasons
- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
I intentionally show off flesh when on stage – Ghanaian singer, Sista Afia
Francesca Duncan Williams famously known as Sista Afia in the Ghanaaian music industry has revealed that her dress code away from the scene is quite different and normal unlike what she’s seen in when on stage.
According to the “Jeje” Hitmaker, even though she shows a little flesh at home, she still keeps it casual on a normal day.
Speaking on TV3’s New Day show, she indicated that the flesh she shows is just to perform on big stages since she is a female performer and being that one has to adhere to that adding that no one would even listen to her if she wears ‘kaba’ on the stage.
“I don’t really dress like that when I am not on stage. I normally dress nice, you know, sometimes a little flesh but still nice. It is my craft and I am a musician.”
She further stated that: “there is something that many people do not really understand about female artists which are, there are some female artists who like to perform in hot dresses.”
Sista Afia demanded from Ghanaians to stop criticizing female artists because of how they dress to perform on stage because it is their uniform for their profession.
“As a nurse would wear her nursing uniform to the hospital or a presenter also wears a suit,” she said.