- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
- Tension rocks Akwa Ibom as sacked lawmakers again shut down Assembly complex, move to impeach Speaker
Police nab two suspects in connection with murder of two siblings
Police has arrested two suspects in connection with murder of two siblings and kidnap of seven passengers on their way to Port Harcourt from Owerri.
The suspects are Chinonso Maduagwu, 33, of Umugweze Agbala in Owerri North LGA of Imo State but resident at No 18 Akani Street, Rumuigbo, Port Harcourt.
Sebastian Eze Chinedu, 22, of Umuyai Ohuba in Ohaji/Egbema LGA of Imo State but resident at No 26 Otogbo Road, Rumuigbo, Port Harcourt.
Briefing newsman at the Command Headquarters, Owerri, the State Commissioner of Police, CP Dasuki Galadanchi, said the suspects were arrested by operatives of Anti – Kidnapping Unit of the command on August 7, at Obiakpor L.G.A of Rivers State.
The hoodlums attacked the victims at Umuagwo Ohaji/Egbema L.G.A, where they shot dead Oluchi Nnodumere, 23 and Chibuzo Nnodumere, both of Awo-Idemili, in Orsu LGA of Imo State.
Other passengers sustained gunshot injuries while seven others were kidnapped to unknown destination after robbing them of their handsets and other personal effects.
The victims phones were also recovered from the suspects. They have made useful statements to the police confessing to know the perpetrators of the crime whom they claimed sold the victims phones to them. Investigation is on-going.