- Yobe State Deputy Speaker, Garba Ibrahim is dead
- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
- Fire guts INEC office few days to general elections
- [UPDATED] ASUU suspends strike after reaching agreement with FG
Police nab two suspects in connection with murder of two siblings
Police has arrested two suspects in connection with murder of two siblings and kidnap of seven passengers on their way to Port Harcourt from Owerri.
The suspects are Chinonso Maduagwu, 33, of Umugweze Agbala in Owerri North LGA of Imo State but resident at No 18 Akani Street, Rumuigbo, Port Harcourt.
Sebastian Eze Chinedu, 22, of Umuyai Ohuba in Ohaji/Egbema LGA of Imo State but resident at No 26 Otogbo Road, Rumuigbo, Port Harcourt.
Briefing newsman at the Command Headquarters, Owerri, the State Commissioner of Police, CP Dasuki Galadanchi, said the suspects were arrested by operatives of Anti – Kidnapping Unit of the command on August 7, at Obiakpor L.G.A of Rivers State.
The hoodlums attacked the victims at Umuagwo Ohaji/Egbema L.G.A, where they shot dead Oluchi Nnodumere, 23 and Chibuzo Nnodumere, both of Awo-Idemili, in Orsu LGA of Imo State.
Other passengers sustained gunshot injuries while seven others were kidnapped to unknown destination after robbing them of their handsets and other personal effects.
The victims phones were also recovered from the suspects. They have made useful statements to the police confessing to know the perpetrators of the crime whom they claimed sold the victims phones to them. Investigation is on-going.