- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
- Fire guts INEC office few days to general elections
- [UPDATED] ASUU suspends strike after reaching agreement with FG
- Breaking: Atiku’s monarch woos people for Buhari
Nollywood actress, Uduak Akrah, has died from complications arising from a slip in the bathroom.
According to her colleagues, who confirmed this yesterday on social media, she died at the Lagos University Teaching Hospital (LUTH) following injuries sustained from the fatal bathroom fall.
Popular filmmaker, Charles Novia, said: “I just heard from someone close to her and her family in Abuja. She suffered complications from a nasty fall in the bathroom.”
The actress who is based in Abuja was said to have been ill from the accident since last Saturday, and was eventually brought to the LUTH where she was pronounced dead on arrival.
Described by colleagues as a versatile entertainer both on screen and on stage, Uduak, a graduate of Creative Art from the University of Lagos, was also an event planner and singer.
“Fantastic actress on stage and screen… An Akokite, calm and gentle, may her soul rest perfectly in peace,” said another colleague, Iyen Agbonifo.
Uduak is known for films like ‘Emotional Crack’ and ‘Bafana Bafana’.