- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
- Breaking: Tribunal strikes out petition challenging Faleke’s victory
- Just in: Ondo Assembly sacks interim council chairmen
- BREAKING: Senate adjourns plenary for 2 weeks
- Breaking: PDP, Atiku seek tribunal’s permission to inspect INEC’s server
Presidency reacts to placement of Fayose on Customs watch list
The Presidency has reacted to a letter by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), instructing the Nigeria Customs Service, NCS, to monitor and arrest Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose anytime he wants to run away from the country.
EFCC in a letter signed by its Acting Chairman, Ibrahim Magu, to the Comptroller-General of Customs, urged the service to place the outgoing Ekiti governor, Ayodele Fayose on the watch list and ensure he does not escape.
Reacting to the development, Buhari’s Aide on Social Media, Lauretta Onochie on her Twitter page called on Nigerians to join hands with the EFCC to ensure Fayose defends his integrity or lack of it.
She assured Nigerians that corruption under the Buhari administration will be defeated in high places.
Onochie wrote “It’s not just the customs; every Nigerian should stand by EFCC so Gov. Ayo Fayose is given the opportunity to defend his integrity or lack of it.
“Together, we will defeat corruption in high places.”