- Buhari extends appointment of acting CJN, Muhammad
- BREAKING: UAE sentence another 8 Nigerians to death for robbery, 1 jailed for possession of stolen money
- BREAKING: Nollywood Movie Director Ifeanyi Onyeabor Dies
- BREAKING: Fire outbreak destroys multi-million properties in Ibadan, Residents laments delayed Fire Service
- Photo of Ex-lawmaker, Igbo leader, Anthony Igboka who was assassinated in Anambra
- BREAKING: Tanker explodes in Gombe, kills 10 (photos)
- Many feared dead as armed robbers attack only Bank in Ondo Community
- BREAKING: Owerri Airport on fire, cause yet unknown (video)
- Maiduguri Bomb blast: Death toll hits 5, 30 others injured
- Suspended CJN, Justice Walter Onnoghen finally resigns
Presidency reacts to placement of Fayose on Customs watch list
The Presidency has reacted to a letter by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC), instructing the Nigeria Customs Service, NCS, to monitor and arrest Governor of Ekiti State, Ayodele Fayose anytime he wants to run away from the country.
EFCC in a letter signed by its Acting Chairman, Ibrahim Magu, to the Comptroller-General of Customs, urged the service to place the outgoing Ekiti governor, Ayodele Fayose on the watch list and ensure he does not escape.
Reacting to the development, Buhari’s Aide on Social Media, Lauretta Onochie on her Twitter page called on Nigerians to join hands with the EFCC to ensure Fayose defends his integrity or lack of it.
She assured Nigerians that corruption under the Buhari administration will be defeated in high places.
Onochie wrote “It’s not just the customs; every Nigerian should stand by EFCC so Gov. Ayo Fayose is given the opportunity to defend his integrity or lack of it.
“Together, we will defeat corruption in high places.”