- BREAKING: Court orders forfeiture of Saraki’s houses in Ikoyi
- BREAKING: Court Partially Varies Sowore, Bakare’s Bail Conditions, adjourns Case
- Three days after impeachment saga, Edward Onoja sworn-in as Kogi Deputy Governor
- BREAKING: Two critically injured as container falls in Onitsha
- BREAKING: Kogi Assembly confirms Onoja as Yahaya Bello’s deputy
- JUST IN: Seven killed in Gov Obaseki’s convoy accident
- BREAKING: Kogi Deputy Gov Achuba impeached
- BREAKING: Gunshots in Abuja as police disperse protesting Shi’ites
- BREAKING: Again, fuel tanker explodes in Onitsha
- BREAKING: We’ll only register candidate with NIN for 2020 UTME – JAMB
10 Incredible Health Benefits Of Bitter Leaf Water
Bitter leaf is a common name for numerous species, and each one has its personal botanical name.
Should you consume bitter leaf juice or add add its leaves into your salads and dinners? What does bitter leaves water do to the body? You should explore the awesome benefits and health effect of this natural product since it can improve your health, make you stronger and happier.
We want to talk about the incredible effect of bitter leaf in the body. You will be surprised to learn some wonderful facts that might change your lifestyle.
Before we list all the most interesting health benefits of bitter leaf, let us look at its botanical name and some other facts.
BOTANICAL NAME OF BITTER LEAF
The term bitter leaf has different names across Africa. Some Nigerian tribes call it ‘ewuro’, others say it is ‘onugbu’, and there is also ‘ndole’ version of the name.
Bitter leaf is a common name for numerous species, and each one has its personal botanical name. Here are some examples of the botanical names of bitter leaf:
- V. colorata
- V. calvoana
- V. amygdalina
Bitter leaves can be consumed by people and animals as leaf vegetables.
TOP 10 HEALTH BENEFITS OF BITTER LEAF WATER
There are several ways how you can consume bitter leaf to get the most of its advantages and enhance your health. Some people like to make bitter leaf water and drink it. Others chop fresh leaves into their daily meals.
EFFECT 1: CURE AGAINST HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE
Many people have this health issue called hypertension or high blood pressure. Bitter leaves can influence your blood pressure and reduce it thanks to the high levels of potassium contained in the leaves.
Eat roots, leaves, drink bitter leaf water (just boil leaves if you wish to get your own ‘juice’ version) and you will control your blood pressure.