- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Veteran Nigerian entertainer, Charly Boy alongside Deji Adeyanju on Tuesday led the “Ourmumudondo” group on a courtesy visit to the Ooni of Ife, Adeyeye Enitan Ogunwusi, during the group’s voters education campaign to the state.
Charly Boy used the opportunity of the visit to tell the monarch that the group was in Osogbo and Ile-Ife on a two-day public campaign against vote-buying ahead of the governorship election slated to hold on September 22 in the state.
According to him, the visit is to brief the Ooni on the activities of the group, and to have him lend his voice against the trend of vote buying and selling. He said:
“As a well respected father and traditional leader, we have come to ask for your support in our efforts toward campaigning against bad leadership, especially the menace of vote-buying. There is urgent need for a better society for the ordinary Nigerian who has been deprived of good leadership over the years.
We want politicians who will give jobs to our youths, build roads, give light and other basic amenities. We are here to tell the electorate that as they go to the poll on Saturday, they should not sell their votes for any amount, and then suffer for the next 4years,” Charlyboy told the Mornach.
See More Photos on IG
View this post on Instagram
Some kings standout, some people are outstanding. We were created with more than five senses. Apart from the basic five, some of us have the gut and the third eye. The gut being the seat of all feeling, and the third eye being the seat of intuition. Thanks to the few who against all odds, want to see a better environment and walk their talk. It takes an Oracle to Know another.
View this post on Instagram
OurMumuDonDo movement takes vote buying campaign to Osun state. My good people in Osun state, vote selling can never be your dividend of this useless democracy. These riffraffs are only trying to buy ur conciense because they have weaponized poverty in the land. Selling ur vote is buying poverty for u and ur generation. We are better than that.
In his remarks, the Ooni commended the group for championing the course for good leadership and value reawakening, especially among the youths. He therefore pledged his support for the group, especially in its voter’s education initiative. Related to; Another group to raise N1bn for Buhari’s primaries as the President receives Nomination form 2019