- Despite condemning some PDP’s evidences, Tribunal voids Oyetola’s victory, declares Adeleke winner of Osun Governorship Election
- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
Osun rerun: Oyetola, Aregbesola, Fayemi, APC governors celebrate ahead of official result announcement (photos)
Some Governors of the All Progressive Congress, APC, were seen celebrating at the Osun State government house as the party’s candidate, Gboyega Oyetola, appears to have won the rerun election.
As electorate await official announcement from the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Gboyega Oyetola was said to be leading Senator Ademola Adeleke in the six polling units where the rerun election took place.
Ekiti State Governor-elect, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, his Kano and Jigawa States counterparts joined Rauf Aregbesola, to celebrate the victory of Oyetola.
Meanwhile, the Peoples Democratic party, PDP, in a press statement signed by the Chairman of the party, Hon. Soji Adagunodo described the rerun election as a broad day robbery, and the most brazen assault on democracy.
Adagunodo accused the ruling APC of conniving with security personnel to manipulate the electoral process, vowed to resist it in due course.
He explained that thousands of eligible voters were chased away from their homes in Orolu, Ife North and Ife South Local Governments in the early hours of Thursday .
Another interesting topic; Osun rerun: This is ‘Coup’, not election, Adeleke reacts to ongoing rerun poll