- Breaking: AA suspends Okorocha‘s in-law
- JUST IN: INEC announces automatic employment for Outstanding corps members
- Osun Guber: What court decided on Senator Ademola Adeleke’s Appeal On Monday
- Breaking: Ondo youths shut down Gov. Akeredolu’s office
- Breaking: INEC receives applications for three new parties
- Breaking: Appeal Court strikes out suit challenging Ihedioha’s emergence as PDP guber candidate
- JUST IN: Five rescued from Kano collapsed building
- JUST IN: ASUU suspends strike in Taraba University
- JUST IN: Another Building Collapses In Lagos As Three escape Death
- JUST IN: Two storey building collapses in Warri
Osun rerun: Oyetola, Aregbesola, Fayemi, APC governors celebrate ahead of official result announcement (photos)
Some Governors of the All Progressive Congress, APC, were seen celebrating at the Osun State government house as the party’s candidate, Gboyega Oyetola, appears to have won the rerun election.
As electorate await official announcement from the Independent National Electoral Commission (INEC), Gboyega Oyetola was said to be leading Senator Ademola Adeleke in the six polling units where the rerun election took place.
Ekiti State Governor-elect, Dr. Kayode Fayemi, his Kano and Jigawa States counterparts joined Rauf Aregbesola, to celebrate the victory of Oyetola.
Meanwhile, the Peoples Democratic party, PDP, in a press statement signed by the Chairman of the party, Hon. Soji Adagunodo described the rerun election as a broad day robbery, and the most brazen assault on democracy.
Adagunodo accused the ruling APC of conniving with security personnel to manipulate the electoral process, vowed to resist it in due course.
He explained that thousands of eligible voters were chased away from their homes in Orolu, Ife North and Ife South Local Governments in the early hours of Thursday .
Another interesting topic; Osun rerun: This is ‘Coup’, not election, Adeleke reacts to ongoing rerun poll