- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Oyo gov, Seyi Makinde Nominates 27-year Old OAU Graduate As Commissioner
Governor Seyi Makinde has chosen a 27-year old alumnus of the Obafemi Awolowo University, Ile-Ife, Seun Fakorede, as a commissioner in Oyo state.
Fakorede, who hails from Idere area of Ibarapa Central local government, is joining Alhaja Faosat Joke Sunni and Professor Rapheal Afonja from Ogbomoso North local government who were already nominated to join the 14 others who were inaugurated last week.
If eventually deployed to the ministry of youth and sports, Fakorede would become the youngest ever to man the ministry.
The members of the Oyo State House of Assembly, who are on break, are expected to come back to screen the three nominees on Wednesday after which they would be inaugurated to become commissioners.