- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
Atiku is desperate — APC
The All Progressives Congress has described former Vice President Atiku Abubakar as a ‘desperate’ politician.
The APC said this in a statement signed by its acting National Publicity Secretary, Yekini Nabena, in Abuja, on Monday.
Nabena also said the APC congratulates the former Vice President over his victory at the just concluded national convention of the opposition Peoples Democratic Party, saying the felicitation was based on APC’s “keeping with the belief in participatory democracy.”
However, the governing party said the PDP candidate has a series of allegations which he is yet to effectively tackle.
The APC spokesperson said Nigerians would therefore consider each candidate’s greatest selling point.
The statement partly read, “In assessing candidates to be voted for during elections, Nigerians will normally consider the candidate’s background and antecedents.
“The pertinent question to ask about Atiku is, what was his scorecard in public office?
“Regrettably, Atiku’s scorecard is abysmally low …”