- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
Nigeria Police withdraw Police escorts attached to politicians in Adamawa
The Adamawa State Police Command has withdrawn its men and officials attached to politicians across the state.
Adamawa state Commissioner of Police, Abdullahii Ibrahim said the withdrawal of the escorts, attached to mostly politicians who were aspirants for various elective offices towards party primaries being concluded, would make available more men and officials to secure the general public.
The police commissioner also said in a statement obtained Monday that violent protests against the conduct of the primaries would not be condoned.
“Aggrieved politicians should seek redress through normal processes. Political leaders are hereby warned to advise their followers to be law abiding as the police command will not condone thuggery,” he stated.