- JUST IN: Former Deputy Senate President, Senator Ike Ekweremadu Stoned By Angry Igbo Men in Nuremberg Germany (Video)
- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
Nigeria Police withdraw Police escorts attached to politicians in Adamawa
The Adamawa State Police Command has withdrawn its men and officials attached to politicians across the state.
Adamawa state Commissioner of Police, Abdullahii Ibrahim said the withdrawal of the escorts, attached to mostly politicians who were aspirants for various elective offices towards party primaries being concluded, would make available more men and officials to secure the general public.
The police commissioner also said in a statement obtained Monday that violent protests against the conduct of the primaries would not be condoned.
“Aggrieved politicians should seek redress through normal processes. Political leaders are hereby warned to advise their followers to be law abiding as the police command will not condone thuggery,” he stated.