- Shehu Sani resigns, quits APC, fails to give reasons
- Baba Sala’s friend, colleague, Ajimajasan dies few days apart
- Buhari calls late Hauwa Liman’s father
- Atiku picks Peter Obi as running mate for 2019 Presidential Election
- Lagos APC shun NWC, declares Sanwo-Olu winner of governorship primary
- NWC cancels Lagos APC primaries, Sanwo-olu reportedly defeats Ambode
- Lagos APC Primaries: Buhari summons Tinubu, Ambode today
- Two Nigerian Air Force jets crash while rehearsing for Independence celebrations, 1 Pilot confirmed dead
- Osun State Election Result: Adeleke, PDP disappointed as errors emerge in Ayedaade, Osogbo poll results
- National Carrier Project: Nigeria Air has been suspended indefinitely
Woman ‘steals her boss’ five-month-old baby in Lagos (Photo)
The Lagos state police command have arrested a 22-year-old married woman, Sulyiat Badmus, for stealing her boss, Shukurat Opeoluwadu‘s five-month-old baby in the Odoguyan area of Ikorodu in the state on September 27th.
Parading the suspect before newsmen in the state command’s headquarters today, the commissioner of police, Edgal Imohimi, said the suspect had applied to be an apprentice at the toddler’s mother’s shop.
Edgals said Sulyiat whisked the baby away when she noticed the neighbor, a 50-year-old woman, whom the mother left the child with so she could go hawk the local herbs she sells, became distracted.
“Sensing that Amosun was busy outside her room, the suspect sneaked in and stole the baby. She absconded thereafter. After directing the anti-kidnapping squad to take charge of the matter, investigation led to the arrest of the suspect at Sabo in Ikorodu. The baby was rescued from her and has been reunited with her parents.
The suspect has confessed to the crime and on conclusion of investigation, all persons involved in this dastardly act will be prosecuted.“ Edgal said
When interrogated, Sulyiat said she had been married for some years now without a child of her own. According to her, a herbalist had told her she will never conceive and that led to her being desperate to have a child. She blamed the devil for her act and asked for forgiveness. You may also like this; Ireti Doyle welcomes her first grandchild from daughter