- Gunmen kill 10, kidnapped 3 women in Zamfara
- Rev. Fr. Mbaka escapes death in a failed assassination attempts, Adoration ministry cries out
- Reps cancel Ajaokuta Steel privatisation, asks FG to revive it with recovered Abacha loot
- NASS approve June 12 as Democracy Day
- 2019: Obasanjo, Atiku in closed door meeting, plans on how to wrestle power from Buhari
- ASUU strkie continues as meeting with FG ends inconclusive
- Former US president George Bush is dead
- OPC founder, Frederick Fasehun is dead
- Full list of those affected as FG freezes bank accounts of suspects on Nigeria Looters list
- Tension rocks Akwa Ibom as sacked lawmakers again shut down Assembly complex, move to impeach Speaker
Woman ‘steals her boss’ five-month-old baby in Lagos (Photo)
The Lagos state police command have arrested a 22-year-old married woman, Sulyiat Badmus, for stealing her boss, Shukurat Opeoluwadu‘s five-month-old baby in the Odoguyan area of Ikorodu in the state on September 27th.
Parading the suspect before newsmen in the state command’s headquarters today, the commissioner of police, Edgal Imohimi, said the suspect had applied to be an apprentice at the toddler’s mother’s shop.
Edgals said Sulyiat whisked the baby away when she noticed the neighbor, a 50-year-old woman, whom the mother left the child with so she could go hawk the local herbs she sells, became distracted.
“Sensing that Amosun was busy outside her room, the suspect sneaked in and stole the baby. She absconded thereafter. After directing the anti-kidnapping squad to take charge of the matter, investigation led to the arrest of the suspect at Sabo in Ikorodu. The baby was rescued from her and has been reunited with her parents.
The suspect has confessed to the crime and on conclusion of investigation, all persons involved in this dastardly act will be prosecuted.“ Edgal said
When interrogated, Sulyiat said she had been married for some years now without a child of her own. According to her, a herbalist had told her she will never conceive and that led to her being desperate to have a child. She blamed the devil for her act and asked for forgiveness. You may also like this; Ireti Doyle welcomes her first grandchild from daughter