- Ex-OAU lecturer, Akindele in Sex-for-Marks scandal remanded in prison
- APC chairman for Cross River State, Dr. Mathew Achigbe dies in ghastly motor accident
- Police protest lack of accommodation in Imo
- FG declares Tuesday, November 20th as public holiday to celebrate Eid-El Maulud
- Minimum wage: N30,000 will lead us to bankruptcy, says Governors
- Biafra: Court orders Senator Abaribe, 2 others to pay N100m each for failing to produce Nnamdi Kanu
- Anambra State Assembly Speaker, Rita Maduagwu impeached
- Ondo State Speaker, Bamidele Oloyelogun and his Deputy Iroju Ogundeji impeached
- APC missing as INEC publishes list of guber candidates in Imo State
- Labour calls off strike, yet to unveil new figure for minimum wage
Cristiano Ronaldo responds to rape allegations: Truth always comes first
Cristiano Ronaldo faced the media on his Old Trafford return with Juventus on Monday and addressed his rape allegations again ahead of his team Champions League clash with Manchester United.
The Portuguese star is accused of raping model Kathryn Mayorga in a Vegas hotel in 2009. Mayorga, 34, says she was paid £288,000 to sign a non-disclosure agreement but still came out to tell her story.
While speaking at his press conference on Monday night, the 33-year-old addressed the rape allegation saying: ‘I am a happy man.’
‘I’m not going to lie in this situation,’ he continued. ‘I’m very happy. My lawyers, they are confident and of course, I am, too. The most important thing is that I enjoy the football, I enjoy my life. The rest, I have people who take care of my life. Of course, the truth is always coming in the first position. So, I’m good.’