- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
- Breaking: Presidential Election Tribunal admits 48 compact discs as exhibits
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rules in suit seeking sack of Bulkachuwa
- Breaking: Buhari, APC, INEC object to move by Atiku, PDP to play video at tribunal
3 sharks attack, kill woman while swimming
A 21-year-old California woman has been killed by three tiger sharks while she was swimming in the Bahamas with her family, according to local reports.
Jordan Lindsay of Los Angeles County had her right arm severed in the attack, officials from the Bahamas said, according to KABC.
She was also bitten on her legs and buttocks in the attack.
Her family reportedly saw the sharks while she was swimming and shouted to her but Lindsay didn’t hear them before the attack on Rose Island, which is just northeast of Nassau.
“The Ministry of Tourism, on behalf of the Government and the people of The Bahamas expresses its condolences and deepest sympathies to the family and loved ones of the victim of Wednesday’s shark attack off Rose Island, near New Providence,” Bahamas Ministry of Tourism and Aviation officials said in a statement