- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
Twelve people have been confirmed injured as a three-storey building under construction collapsed in Lagos State Wednesday night.
Twelve people have been confirmed injured as a three-storey building under construction collapsed in Lagos.
The sad incident which saw a three-storey building under construction collapsed into rubbles, happened at about midnight on Wednesday in Fagba area of the state.
The Chief Executive Officer of Lagos State Emergency Management Agency (LASEMA), Dr. Olufemi Oke-Osanyintolu, who confirmed the incident, said: “This is just to inform you that a three story building collapsed at K Farm, Fagba, Off Iju Road.
According to Oke-Osanyintolu, “It was a building under construction, and people occupying the building have been evacuated and the injured are responding to treatment.
“No mortalities recorded. All the key stakeholders that are important in managing disaster in Lagos are on ground.
“However the building will be pulled to ground zero for safety of the people living in the area.
“All the buildings adjacent or beside the collapsed building will be subjected to solid material testing. for your information.”