- BREAKING: Gov Ayade presents 1.1trn budget estimate for 2020
- BREAKING: Court sacks emirs installed by Ganduje
- BREAKING: Tottenham appoint Jose Mourinho as manager
- BREAKING: Buhari receives Lyon in Aso Rock
- BREAKING: APC floors PDP in Bayelsa guber poll, obtains over 200,000 votes
- BREAKING: Kidnapped Enugu Catholic Priest regains freedom
- BREAKING: INEC official abducted in Lokoja
- BREAKING: Sanwo-Olu begins payment of N35, 000 Minimum wage to Lagos workers
- BREAKING: Buhari on his way back to Nigeria
- BREAKING: Yola Varsity Chaplain, Prof Felix Ilesani, kidnapped
Transfer: Barcelona sign new goalkeeper in €35m deal
Barcelona, on Thursday, confirmed the arrival of Noberto Murara Neto in a deal that could cost them up to €35million.
Neto joins the Spanish champions from Valencia and will sign a four-year deal.
The Brazilian goalkeeper’s release clause has been set at €200m.
An official club statement on Barca’s website read: “FC Barcelona and Valencia CF have reached an agreement for the transfer of the player Norberto Murara Neto. The cost of the transaction will be €26m plus 9m in add-ons.
“The player will be signing a contract with the club for the next four seasons, until the end of the 2022/23 season, and his buyout clause has been set at 200 million euros.
“Details of the Brazilian goalkeeper’s presentation as a new Barça player will be released shortly.”
Neto joins as replacement for Jasper Cilessen who has gone the other way.