- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Ikpeazu’s election, dismisses Alex Otti’s petition
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses petition against Taraba Gov, Ishaku’s election
- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
Nigeria Vs Guinea: Naby Keita will Start against Super Eagles If… – Guinea Coach, Paul Put
Head coach of Guinea, Paul Put, has confirmed that Liverpool star, Naby Keita, will start against Nigeria in today’s 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON, tie in Egypt.
Put stated that the midfielder must start against the Super Eagles because the player trained at 200 per cent, adding that the Syli Stars lost three of their matches while preparing AFCON without the 24-year-old.
Guinea head to the match after playing a 2-2 draw with Madagascar last weekend while Nigeria defeated Burundi 1-0.
Addressing a press conference on Tuesday in Egypt, Put said: ”You know he had an injury. It was not obvious he participated in the AFCON. We did everything to prepare Naby well.
”He trains at 200%. I think he is physically ready. If he is mentally ready, I think he will start the game.