- Breaking: Mikel Obi announces retirement from Super Eagles, gives reasons
- BREAKING: Army investigates viral video of soldier assaulting motorist in Lagos
- Breaking: 60 persons escape death as hotel collapses in Ebonyi
- Breaking: Super Eagles defeat Tunisia to clinch Bronze
- BREAKING: Witness faults results of presidential election claimed by Atiku, PDP
- Breaking: Senate confirms Justice Tanko Muhammad as CJN
- Breaking: Tribunal issues subpoena on INEC Chair over Atiku, PDP’s complaints
- Breaking: Yinka Ayefele finally confirms wife’s delivery of triplets in US
- Breaking: Buhari plays video on INEC’s stand on results transmission
- Breaking: Buhari’s lawyer to play video of INEC Chair ruling out electronic transmission
Nigeria Vs Guinea: Naby Keita will Start against Super Eagles If… – Guinea Coach, Paul Put
Head coach of Guinea, Paul Put, has confirmed that Liverpool star, Naby Keita, will start against Nigeria in today’s 2019 Africa Cup of Nations, AFCON, tie in Egypt.
Put stated that the midfielder must start against the Super Eagles because the player trained at 200 per cent, adding that the Syli Stars lost three of their matches while preparing AFCON without the 24-year-old.
Guinea head to the match after playing a 2-2 draw with Madagascar last weekend while Nigeria defeated Burundi 1-0.
Addressing a press conference on Tuesday in Egypt, Put said: ”You know he had an injury. It was not obvious he participated in the AFCON. We did everything to prepare Naby well.
”He trains at 200%. I think he is physically ready. If he is mentally ready, I think he will start the game.