- BREAKING: US seizes jet of Nigerian ‘involved in multi-million dollar fraud’
- BREAKING: Reps summon Power, Labour Ministers over planned strike by electricity workers
- BREAKING: Fresh Crisis rocks Presidency as Aisha Buhari attacks Mamman Daura, Garba Shehu
- BREAKING: Court stops Ganduje from creating Kano State Council of Chiefs
- BREAKING: Buhari names Adamu as new AMCON chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari Writes Senate, seeks confirmation of Nami as FIRS Chairman
- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
University professor, Frank Onyezili commits suicide in Benue
It was learnt that the deceased’s decision to end his own life might not be unconnected with depression and loneliness which he was believed to have suffered lately because his family (wife and children) are said to be living abroad.
Onyezili took his own life at the weekend by drinking a substance suspected to be poison after leaving behind a suicide note.
A colleague of the deceased, who wouldn’t want his name mentioned, told journalists that the family of Onyezili had abandoned him and that could have been the reason he decided to end it all.
The Director of Protocol and Information of the university, Mrs Roseline Waku, confirmed the incident but said she was not privy to the information contained in the suicide note.
When contacted, the Police Spokesman of the Benue Command, DSP Moses Joel Yamu, said he was yet to get the detail of the incident as of the time of this report.