- BREAKING: Reps orders CBN to suspend cashless policy
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds Udom’s election Victory
- BREAKING: Buhari sacks Head of Service, Oyo-Ita
- BREAKING: Second batch of 315 Nigerians arrive from South Africa
- BREAKING: Running mate crisis: Dickson sacks special adviser
- BREAKING: Buhari dissolves panel established by Osinbajo, issues new order to AGF Malami
- BREAKING: South Africa grants landing permit to Air Peace — Mission
- BREAKING: Delay in landing rights approval shifts evacuation of Nigerians
- BREAKING: Tribunal upholds election of Gov. Makinde
- BREAKING: South African envoys designated to beg Nigerians arrive Abuja
Buhari’s tenure ‘worse’, Anglican Bishop says as he predicts 2019 elections
Bishop of the Anglican Diocese of Kwara State, Philip Adeyemo, has warned politicians that there would be surprises and disappointment during 2019 elections.
The Bishop made the prediction at the third session of the third synod of the diocese held at Cathedral Church of St. Paul, Omu-Aran noting that no political party is qualified yet to fight corruption in the country.
He lamented that the ruling All Progressive Congress (APC )with claims of ‘anti-corruption war’ is worse than its predecessor in office, the People’s Democratic Party (PDP).
Bishop Adeyemo said, “The ruling party came to power on the platform of the promise to fight corruption. By my own assessment, the ruling party is even worse than the other party before them who we crucified.
“Nigerians should not be carried away by campaign promises of politicians but look for and vote for those with integrity and who are ready to serve the nation in 2019.
“Our politicians in Nigeria are greedy, selfish and not interested in the lives of the people they govern. Proverbs 29: 7 Says ‘The righteous considereth the cause of the poor but the wicked regardeth not to know it’.
“Task Masters have been fooling us, those who oppress and enslave us. I have not seen anyone among our politicians that are qualified to fight corruption, they are birds of the same feather flocking together.
“There will be surprises in 2019 election. Ecclesiastes 9:11 says ‘I returned, and saw under the sun, that the race is not for the swift nor the battle to the strong, neither yet bred to the wise, nor yet riches to the men of understanding, nor yet favour to men of skill, but time and chance happeneth to them all’.
“God has purposed to take over the helm of affairs of Nigeria, there will be a shaking and disappointments among our politicians.”