- BREAKING: Police arrest suspected murders of Enugu Catholic Priest
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife back by noon, says IMN
- BREAKING: Atiku’s son-in-law gets N20m bail
- BREAKING: Buhari suspends Obono-Obla, gives reason
- BREAKING: Another pastor kidnapped in Kaduna, abductors give family 5 days ultimatum
- BREAKING: Alleged money laundering: EFCC arraigns Atiku’s son-in-law, lawyer
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife not safe in Indian hospital, says IMN
- Breaking: Soldier finally arraigned for allegedly raping Ondo undergraduate
- BREAKING: El-Zakzaky, wife moved to Abuja
- Breaking: Lagos records first death in Saudi Arabia
‘King of Boys’ trends Online, as the Movie hits Cinemas
Kemi Adetiba’s brand new Nollywood blockbuster opened in cinemas this weekend and if the remarks on Twitter are anything to go by, then King Of Boys may just be the biggest Nollywood movie of the year.
The movie which stars Sola Sobowale in the lead role, as well as the likes of Toni Tones, Reminisce, ill Bliss, Jide Kosoko, Adesua Etomi and Lanre Hassan (Iya Awero), has been highly anticipated with Kemi Adetiba promising this was going to a very different movie from her last work on the highly acclaimed (and highest grossing Nigerian movie) “The Wedding Party”.
Now that the movie has screened in cinemas Nationwide, Fans seem to be loving the gritty story and impressive performances from the movie.
Oladips, the young hip-hop star and protegee of Reminisce, had this to say about the film:
The positive sentiments don’t end there, fans of the movie could hardly hide their satisfaction upon seeing the movie.
Kemi Adetiba brilliantly captured the hearts of Nigerians with “The Wedding Party”, and many wondered if she could catch lightning in a bottle again with “King Of Boys”. She clearly appears to have achieved this going by the glowing reviews she’s currently receiving.
One of the major talking points has been Toni Tones’ impressive performance as a young Sola Sobowale. Many are already tipping this to be the breakout role for Toni Tones.
Veteran rapper Reminisce was also praised for his performance, as he showed he is not only an accomplished rapper but also a great actor.
“King of Boys” is set to dominate the box office, and Kemi Adetiba may just be set to break another record with her latest offering.
What do you think? Can “King Of Boys” surpass “The Wedding Party”? You may alsolike to read; Why King Sunny Ade respect late Baba Sala so much