- BREAKING: FG approves $5.3bn for Ibadan-Kano rail project
- BREAKING: Tribunal uphold Ayade’s victory
- Breaking: Nigerians who fled South Africa over xenophobic attacks arrive in Lagos
- BREAKING: Presidential tribunal upholds Buhari’s election, dismisses PDP petitions in its entirety
- BREAKING: No evidence in INEC electronically transmitted results to server, Court rules
- BREAKING: Immigration hurdles delay arrival of 317 Nigerians from South Africa
- BREAKING: Tribunal dismisses INEC’s motion against Atiku’s lead counsel
- Breaking: FUOYE suspends Students’ Union, shuts campus
- BREAKING: Shi’ites bow to pressure, hold 30-minute procession
- BREAKING: Tribunal sacks APC Senator, Orji Kalu
There was pandemonium at Christ the King Cathedral, (CKC) in Aba, Abia state today after members of the proscribed secessionist group, Indigenious People of Biafra IPOB, disrupted church proceedings following the priest’s call for the church members to pray for a peaceful 2019 general elections.
The IPOB members who appear to have regained strength since the emergence of their leader, Nnamdi Kanu in Israel two weeks ago, stopped the priest from further preaching.
They began singing their Biafran songs, waving the Biafran flag and insisted that there would be no election in the South East until a referendum is conducted for the region to break away from Nigeria to form Biafra.
See more photos from the disrupted church service below.