- BREAKING: Collation of Bauchi governorship election results stopped by Court
- Video: Another building collapses in Lagos, many trapped!
- At least 100 people feared dead, 200 missing as cyclone hits Mozambique and Zimbabwe
- APC Lawmaker recently elected, Garba Muhammad Butalawa dies in Kano
- Popular Nigerian artist, Okwui Enwezor die of cancer
- Many trapped, injured as another building collapses at Shogoye Bus Stop in Ibadan
- APC Lawmaker, Ezekiel Afon slumps, dies after winning House Of Assembly election in Plateau State
- INEC office burnt down in Imo before announcement of election results
- APC candidate, Abdulrahman Abdulrasaq wins Kwara gubernatorial polls, declared governor-elect
- Boat carrying election results, INEC officials capsizes in Delta State; 12 missing
I dint know I killed someone, man caught running away with human head in Benin blames act on strange spirit
I saw myself destroying my property, I was in the church when I saw people running after me that I have killed someone and taken the head away.
Men of the Edo State Police Command have arrested one Jimoh Odion who beheaded a 46-year old man, Atogwe Asilemhe, after an argument.
The offence was committed on October 14 at Ayogwiri, Estako West local government area.
Jimoh who was paraded alongside other suspected cultists and kidnappers said he didn’t behead his victim for money rituals.
He said he was annoyed because of the consistent pestering on why he didn’t want to join his mates for the age grade initiation ceremony.
According to him, “It was during the celebration of age grade. I didn’t know when I beheaded the man. When people came to arrest me that I killed somebody, I said I did not.
“I am an orphan. I didn’t want to go fo the age grade because I have problem with our village head. One man gave me white Agbada and red cap to wear to the ceremony.
“People were still pestering me to go to age grade initiation. The much talking was annoying me. I don’t know what came over me. I dropped the red cap on the ground and I saw myself destroying my property. I was in the church when I saw people running after me that I have killed someone and taken the head away.
I don’t have any quarrel with the man. I didn’t want to use the man for ritual and no body asked me to bring his head.”
Another related interesting story; 18-yr-old Man kills mother, makes love to her corpse for money ritual in Benin