- BREAKING: Tribunal nullifies Dino Melaye’s election
- Breaking: Confusion as 2 groups stage protests for, against Oyo youngest commissioner
- BREAKING: Ex-Super Falcons player, Ifeanyi Chiejine is dead
- BREAKING: Fatoyinbo snubbed PFN’s investigating panel on rape allegation
- BREAKING: Court dismisses HDP’s petition against Buhari, APC, INEC
- Breaking: Scores dead, secretariat, houses razed as Boko Haram overrun Borno areas
- BREAKING: Buhari remains Minister of Petroleum
- BREAKING: Court adjourns for judgment on Atiku’s petition
- BREAKING: Buhari begins swearing-in of ministers
- BREAKING: Supreme Court rejects Atiku, PDP’s request to access ‘INEC server’
A whole family including mother-in-law die in Anambra auto crash
An accident on Saturday at Nkwelle Ezunaka junction in Oyi Local Government Area of Anambra State claimed the lives of a man, his wife, daughter and mother-in-law.
It was gathered that the accident involved a tipper lorry and a car. The victims, who were rushed to a nearby hospital were confirmed dead on arrival.
Confirming the incident, the Police Public Relations Officer in the state, Haruna Mohammed said the corpses of the victims have been deposited in a morgue.
Mohammed said, “There was an accident involving a tipper and a Toyota Camry car along Nkwelle Ezunaka junction in Onitsha.
“The accident occurred when the two vehicles had a head-on collision. As a result of the accident, the driver of the Toyota Camry, one Mr Godwin Akaeme and three other passengers in the car comprising his wife, daughter and mother-in-law, whose names are still unknown, sustained various degrees of injuries.
The PPRO said the tipper driver, one Ebuka Ekene, who sustained minor injuries was treated and subsequently arrested.