- BREAKING: Buhari appoints Nami to replace Fowler as FIRS boss
- DSS reacts to alleged re-arrest of Omoyele Sowore in court, says it was an orchestrated drama
- Hope for cardiac patients: medical breakthrough of 3D-printed heart gets backed by investor James Richman
- BREAKING: Intervene in Sowore’s case, SERAP writes US President, Trump
- JUST IN: IPOB ‘attacks’ Rotimi Amaechi in Spain
- BREAKING: IPOB leader, Nnamdi Kanu loses father
- BREAKING: DSS attempts to rearrest Sowore in court (VIDEO)
- BREAKING: Everton manager Marco Silva sacked
- BREAKING: DSS Finally Releases Sowore After 4 Months In Detention
- BREAKING: Senate passes 2020 Appropriation Bill, raises budget to N10.594trn
Most ‘street music’ artistes found fame through me – Baddyoosha
Olamide, Reminisce and even Slimcase may be considered as the pioneers of the Nigerian ‘street music; but according to Baddyoosha, he has been on the scene long before any one of them.
Even though, he has over 10 singles to his name, he said he never took music seriously.
In a recent chat with Saturday Beats, the Timbalowo crooner revealed his contribution to the evolution of ‘street music; saying “Most of these street artistes were known because of my influence. I discovered many of them and made people listen to them to give them attention.
“I don’t want to mention names here but you would be surprised that I played a part in the stories of many street singers. So far, it has to do with the street, I was the brains behind so many things, but I don’t usually grant interviews.
“But everything I’ve done so far is based on my love for the ‘street music’ itself. Like Olamide said a few days ago; he’s the Nas, Reminisce is the Diddy, while I’m the Larry Hoover of street music,” he said.
Buttressing his point, he said he was the major reason why Olamide discovered his new signing, Picazo, whom social media influencer, Tunde Ednut, had claimed was discovered through his page.
“If not that Olamide came out to talk about how he discovered Picazo, I wouldn’t have uttered a word. It was Olamide who replied Tunde Ednut that he didn’t discover the artiste through his page, that, it was through me. Olamide was angry because I always keep quiet, so I posted it to let the world know Picazo was discovered by him via my page.
“The Internet doesn’t forget, then lots of people started bringing out people I’ve discovered like Small Doctor, Ola Dips, Wale Turner, the Street Billionaire and then Picazo of YBNL.” You may also like to read; Olamide reportedly adds another luxury car to his garage