- Breaking: Tribunal rejects Atiku’s request to access INEC server
- JUST IN: Lawan’s SA on Media resigns
- Breaking: Two injured as building collapses in Lagos
- Breaking: Senate President, Ahmad Lawan withdraws appointment of media aide, Festus Adedayo
- Breaking: Tension in Bauchi Assembly as two Speakers emerge
- Breaking: Buhari appoints new GMD for NNPC
- Breaking: Abducted ex-minister’s son, Dayo Adewole, regains freedom
- Breaking: Buhari returns Ahmed Idris as AGF
- Breaking: Luis Enrique resigns as Spain’s coach
- Breaking: Fire guts Benue’s largest market
Nigerian Soldiers Rescue Abandoned Child Who Was Locked Up With Charm In Ebonyi
During the search and rescue of a soldier identified as L/Cpl Oluwabukunmi Fadoju, who got missing since 17 September 2018, a little abandoned and malnourished child was saved by soldiers in Ebonyi state.
The Nigerian troops deployed in Ebonyi State have discovered a malnourished child who seemed to have been abandoned in a house.
The child was sitting on a bed of charms, the Nigerian Army says.
According to the Nigerian Army via its verified Twitter account @HQNigerianArmy, troops discovered the child while they were on a search-and-rescue of a soldier, Lance Corporal Oluwabukunmi Fadoju, who had been missing since September 17, 2018.
The Army said, “Troops of 24 Support Engineer Regiment Abakaliki got to Onunwakpu in Izzi Local Government Area of Ebonyi State market on 16 November 2018.
“They discovered a malnourished child locked up in a house.
“The child was seated under a charm and was picking leaves from ground to eat.
“Consequently, the troops burnt the charms, gave him some banana and biscuits to eat, and thereafter, took him to (their) own Medical Reception Station for treatment.
“The child was subsequently handed over to Ebonyi State Government.”
See the photographs of the troops and the rescued child: