- BREAKING: Stolen card readers caught with three persons in Lagos
- BREAKING: JAMB shifts UTME exams
- Yobe State Deputy Speaker, Garba Ibrahim is dead
- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
Man crush Delta community leader, Henry Dudu to death, angry mob set car ablaze
Motorist kills former Delta community leader, Dudu
A vehicle on Friday knocked down and killed former first Vice President of Aladja Community Council, Mr. Henry Dudu along the Aladja/DSC Expressway in Udu Local Government Area of Delta State.
The deceased served under Paulson Okobiebi, who was then president of Aladja Community Council.
Details as to the cause of the accident are still sketchy as at press time but it was gathered that the victim bled profusely and died as he was being rushed to the hospital for medical treatment.
It was learnt that after the unfortunate incident, the driver of the vehicle quickly rushed to the Ovwian/Aladja Police station to lodge a complaint, and for fear of being mobbed.
When contacted for confirmation, the Delta State Commissioner of Police, CP Muhammad Mustafa said,”I am not aware. Unless I call the DPO to confirm. If I confirm it, I will get back to you.”
Meantime, the Assistant Secretary of Aladja Community Council, Comrade Ighotegwolor Bezi, in a chat with newsmen, confirmed the development.
Bezi described the incident as a big blow to the entire Aladja community and its people.
According to him,” Henry Dudu was killed by a vehicle and the driver ran to the Police Station. However, we will ensure the Police does not cover up the matter.
“The late Henry Dudu served the community very well in his capacity as first Vice President. He is a gentleman to the core.
“I want to also use this medium to console the Aladja Community particularly his immediate family including his wife and children he left behind.”