- Boko Haram bombs Maiduguri mosque, 11 confirmed dead
- Aide to Delta State Governor on youth matters, Ngozi Ijei shot dead
- BREAKING: INEC Finally Postpones Presidential Election, Releases New Date
- BREAKING: INEC To Postpone Presidential Election
- Onnoghen: Former CJN granted bail on self-recognition
- Two suspected Terrorists trying to bomb bridge arrested in Ebonyi state (photos)
- Senator Ahmed Ogembe escape death by whisker along Abuja-Lokoja expressway
- Fire guts INEC office few days to general elections
- [UPDATED] ASUU suspends strike after reaching agreement with FG
- Breaking: Atiku’s monarch woos people for Buhari
Photo of Young man who killed, buried pregnant girlfriend in his apartment in River State
Recall that, we shared the story of one Prince Owabie from Rumueperikom community in Obio/Akpor Local Government Area of the State who killed and buried his pregnant girlfriend, Better Ozige Nwabueze, inside his one-room apartment around Wimpy Junction, by Ikwerre Road in Port Harcourt on Sunday December 2nd (read here).
His dastard act was discovered on Tuesday December 4th and he was immediately arrested.
Residents alleged that Owabie always beat up the deceased, who lived with him.
A neighbour, who preferred anonymity, said the suspect was fond of beating up the deceased, adding that he challenged anyone who intervened.
The deceased’s cousin said she (the victim) went to pick her belongings from Owabie’s home on Sunday and an argument ensued between them, resulting in a fight, which led to her death.
“It was as if she knew J-boy would kill her, because she told her sister she was going to the suspect’s home. During the fight, she called her sister, telling her in tears that her boyfriend wanted to kill her,” he said.
Addressing reporters, the Divisional Police Officer (DPO) in charge of Rumuepirikom Police Station, Emmanuel Wagbara, a Chief Superintendent of Police (CSP), said Owabie was arrested following a tip-off.
He said a case of missing person was filed by a relative of the victim, who told the police that her sister (the deceased), had been missing for a while, and that she was last seen on December 3, when she said she was visiting the suspect, who was allegedly her boyfriend.
Wagbara said when the suspect was interrogated on the deceased’s whereabouts, he admitted that she was in his house, but later left for her house and that he had not heard from her since she left.
“We were not satisfied with his explanation, so early this morning (yesterday), we searched his house and discovered a shallow grave in his room. He then confessed that he buried the girl in the grave,” he said.
Wagbara said the suspect had been arrested and was assisting the police in their investigation.
You may also like to read; Pigeon and coins found on woman killed by suspected Ritualists in Onitsha